SPOKANE, Wash. - Jordan Mathews scored 17 points and No. 14 Gonzaga beat San Diego State 69-48 on Monday night, holding the Aztecs to 28 percent shooting.
Zach Collins added 15 points and Nigel Williams-Goss 10 for Gonzaga (2-0) in the ESPN College Hoops Marathon game.
Trey Kell and Jeremy Hemsley each had 14 points for San Diego State (1-1).
The teams, which last played in 2010, have been among the most successful in the West in recent years.
San Diego State had trouble scoring, making only 16 of 56 shots, and went long periods without a basket.
Gonzaga shot just 39 percent for the game.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Utah routs Washington State by 41
- Fultz scores 37 as Washington beats Colorado 85-83 in OT
- Cougars announce 2017 football schedule
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position