TACOMA, Wash. (AP) -- Lind-Ritzville-Sprague converted a fourth-and-19 with just over 3 minutes left and Connor O'Neill scored on a 4-yard run two plays later as Lind-Ritzville-Sprague rallied to beat Morton-White Pass 21-19 for the Class 2B state title on Friday night.
Trailing 19-15 with 3:04 left to play, Dylan Hartz connected with O'Neill for 24 yards on fourth down to keep the Lind-Ritzville-Sprague hopes alive. After a 14-yard run by Hartz to the Morton-White Pass 4-yard line, O'Neill scored to take the lead.
Hartz then made a leaping one-handed interception of Rylon Kolb's pass on the first play of Morton-White Pass' possession to give the ball back to Lind-Ritzville-Sprague.
Morton-White Pass held defensively and Ben Powell blocked a punt from Cort Ruzicka to give them one more snap at the Lind-Ritzville-Sprague 32. Kolb was hit by the Lind-Ritzville-Sprague pass rush and his pass fell incomplete to give Lind-Ritzville-Sprague their third state championship.
- Australian Open 2017: World No. 1s Murray, Kerber lose on historic day
- EWU names Aaron Best head football coach
- Callison's 30 propels WSU past Colorado in OT
- Eastern Washington drops Southern Utah
- Zags Come Out Firing, Sail Past Pilots Early
- EWU hangs on at Southern Utah behind Payne's double-double