CHENEY, Wash. (AP) -- Cooper Kupp set the all-time FCS receptions record Saturday on a night that he scored on a run and a punt return to help Eastern Washington beat Idaho State 48-17.
Kupp's seventh catch of the game came in the fourth quarter to reach 396 in his career, passing Terrell Hudgins of Elon (2006-09). Kupp came in with 389 receptions, having already surpassed the FBS record of 387.
EWU called a timeout after the record-setting catch to honor Kupp, who then left the game.
EWU's eighth straight victory gave the Eagles (9-1, 7-0) the chance to tie North Dakota (8-0) for the Big Sky Conference title if they win their regular-season finale at Portland State on Friday.
Kupp came in having already broken 12 FCS, eight conference and 21 school records. He scored his first career rushing TD on a 3-yard end-around to make it 27-10 early in the second half. He added another score later in the quarter on a 76-yard punt return. He has scored in 40 of his 48 collegiate games.
EWU's Antoine Custer Jr. rushed for a career-high 141 yards and a score while Shaq Hill had 103 yards receiving with a touchdown.
Idaho State (2-8, 1-6) dropped its sixth straight game.
- Future Eagle Flying High At Shadle Park
- Unbeaten Gonzaga No. 1 for fourth straight week
- Meyer's homer gives Cougars comeback win at Sacramento State
- Williams-Goss leads No. 1 Gonzaga over Pacific 82-61
- Iroegbu leads WSU to a 86-71 win over Arizona State
- Top 25 roundup: Miami trips up No. 18 Virginia