SPOKANE, Wash. - University and Central Valley celebrated district titles on the diamond, while regionals continued for 3A soccer, and districts got underway for GSL track and field.
University and Central Valley both captured district titles in 3A and 4A softball as the Titans beat North Central, 3-2, while the Bears beat Mead 2-0. North Central plays Shadle Park on Friday for the second spot in 3A regionals, while Mead takes on Lewis & Clark for the second spot in the 4A regionals.VIDEO: HS Round-up for Thursday, 5/9
Hanford beat University, 2-1 in overtime in a 3A regional elimination game, while Kennewick shutout Shadle Park, 3-0 in the 3A regional title game. Shadle will face Hanford on Saturday for the second spot to state.
Districts for 3A and 4A track and field got underway for the GSL on Thursday. They'll continue on Friday at Spokane Falls Community College.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU