On a night where Lake City needed a win to keep it's hopes alive for an IEL regular season title, rival Coeur d'Alene slammed the door shut. And it wasn't really close.
The Vikings (8-5, 2-4) beat the T-wolves (10-4, 4-2) in four sets, 25-15, 25-15, 22-25, 25-18 Tuesday night. Lake City's loss allows Lewiston to capture the IEL 5A title with a 5-1 record.
In Northeast A play, Freeman dropped the first two sets, but rallied back at home against Lakeside to win in five sets. Both the Eagles and Scotties now with one loss in league on the season.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Utah routs Washington State by 41
- Fultz scores 37 as Washington beats Colorado 85-83 in OT
- Cougars announce 2017 football schedule
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position