SPOKANE, Wash. - Haiden Palmer hit 10 of 15 shots and scored 27 points as No. 20 Gonzaga won its 12th straight by blitzing Loyola Marymount 88-51 on Saturday.
Since beating the Lions 91-82 in overtime on Jan. 23, the Bulldogs (22-3, 12-1 West Coast) have won by 30, 52, 35, 35 and 37 points.
The Bulldogs used a 12-0 run to take a 25-5 lead at the 11:25 mark. It was 46-20 at halftime when the Bulldogs shot 53.3 percent, including 5 of 10 3-pointers. The Lions were at 22.7 percent. Loyola had eight rebounds, Gonzaga eight offensive rebounds and 23 overall.
Taylor Anderson led the Lions (7-16, 4-8) with 11 points. LMU made 14 of 28 shots in the second half and still fell further behind.
Gonzaga now has a three-game lead over Saint Mary's and Brigham Young with five games to play to win their 10th straight WCC title.
- 49ers' Sowers becomes first openly LGBT coach in men's pro sports
- Albers picks up 2nd win, Mariners hold off Braves 6-5
- Cougars ranked No. 24 in preseason AP Top-25
- Snell shuts down Mariners; Rays hit 2 homers in 3-0 win
- Fant's injury cast shadow over Seahawks' 20-13 win over Vikings
- Seahawks Bennett sits again during national anthem