SPOKANE, Wash. - Gonzaga assistant women's basketball coach Lisa Fortier has been promoted to head coach.
She was named Monday to replace Kelly Graves, who spent 14 years at Gonzaga before he was hired by Oregon earlier this month.
Fortier has coached at Gonzaga for seven seasons, including the Bulldogs' current run of six consecutive trips to the NCAA tournament.
Terms of her contract were not disclosed.
Fortier inherits a team that went 29-5 and was ranked in the Top 25 most of last season.
The Bulldogs won the West Coast Conference for the 10th straight year and earned a bid to their sixth consecutive NCAA tourney, where they lost to James Madison in their first game.
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU
- School Record 18 3's Ignite Idaho Comeback