Pullman, WA - Brock Motum scored 15 points on 6-of-11 shooting from the field to help Washington State crush Utah Valley 72-49 on Wednesday night.
Mike Ladd added 13 points, DaVonte Lacy chipped in 11 and hit three 3-point baskets and contributed with six assists to help Washington State (2-0) start its season perfect. Washington State ended the half with a commanding 45-22 lead which included nailing seven 3-pointers in the half.
The Cougars would stretch their lead to 64-36 with just over 11 minutes to play. The Cougars executed the perfect inside-out game plan and the Cougars exposed the undersized Utah Valley posts.Cougs improve to 2-0 after trouncing Utah Valley
Washington State would outscore the Wolverines 40-20 in the paint and shoot 58 percent from the field in the first half. Utah Valley (1-2) would end the night shooting 51 percent from the field.
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU