LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Washington State dropped a 75-39 road contest to No. 14 Louisville Tuesday evening. Freshman guard Lia Galdeira led the Cougars with 13 points while senior guard Katie Grad came off the bench to record 11 points and five rebounds.
The Cardinals (10-2), who had lost two of their previous three games, shot 46.3 percent (31 of 67) compared to 32 percent (16 of 50) for the Cougars.
Washington State (3-6), coming off a 62-55 upset win over No. 20 Ohio State on Dec. 15, posted its lowest point total of the season.
Tied at 11 after 11 minutes, Louisville closed out the half on a 24-3 run.
Sara Hammond scored 18 points, Bria Smith added 13 points, Shoni Schimmel 12 and Jude Schimmel 10 for the Cardinals.
The Cougars continue their road trip with a stop in New York to face Syracuse Univeristy, 4 p.m. (PT) Friday.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU