Spokane, Wash. - The Spokane Chiefs have acquired a third round selection in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft from the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for forward Todd Fiddler. Fiddler, who scored a career high 42 goals last season, will be entering his 20-year-old season in the WHL.
"We are obligated to get down to three 20-year-olds for next season," Chiefs General Manager Tim Speltz said. "You never know what opportunity will be available for the player later in the fall or what the market will bear at that time. This move is a great opportunity for Todd."
Spokane will have with the league maximum three 20-year-olds going into next season; goaltender Eric Williams and forwards Mitch Holmberg and Mike Aviani.
Alessio Bertaggia has signed a contract to play professionally in Switzerland and is not expected to return to Spokane as an overage.
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU