(CNN) -- Reaction poured in Monday to the death of Jerry Buss, who had owned the Los Angeles Lakers since 1979. "Today is a very sad day for all the Lakers and basketball," said Laker Pau Gasol in a Twitter posting. "All my support and condolences to the Buss family. Rest in peace Dr. Buss." "My thoughts and prayers are with the family & friends of Dr. Jerry Buss," said Earvin "Magic" Johnson, the retired Laker guard, in a posting on his Twitter account. "He was a great man and an incredible friend." "I'm deeply saddened over da loss of the great Dr. Jerry Buss," said Shaquille O'Neal, who played for the Lakers from 1996-2004, in a posting on his Twitter account. "He was a dear friend, mentor,and brilliant business mind thank u 4 8 gr8 yrs."
Local News Headlines
- Suspect in ricin letters also accused of bomb threat at Fairchild
- Suspect makes first appearance in ricin letter case
- Free pizza offered to help find Pizza Rita robber
- Woman found dead in Spokane Valley hotel
- WA license plate fee added to pay for wolf kills
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation