The Lightning lineup took another hit Tuesday with the indefinite loss of left wing Ryan Malone. Defenseman Victor Hedman, meanwhile, is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed upper-body injury. Both were injured in Monday's victory against Philadelphia on hits by the Flyers' Zac Rinaldo. Malone, who will be placed on IR and miss a minimum of seven days, returned on March 7 after missing 13 games with an undisclosed lower-body injury. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound forward was being used in more of a checking-line role, playing with Nate Thompson and B.J. Crombeen. Malone was playing a puck at his feet when Rinaldo charged in and leveled him at center ice in the third period.
Local News Headlines
- Discussion over stolen property led to deadly shooting
- Grand Jury indicts Buquet for threatening to kill Obama
- Centralia man accused of running drug ring
- Parents use daughter's iPad to help nab sexual predator
- Hart pleads not guilty to Nine Mile Falls murder
- Police searching for suspect in CHAS Valley Clinic robbery
- Attempted robbery at N. Division Chase Bank.
- Thieves target ATMs at Spokane Valley businesses
- Chelan County search continues for mushroom hunter
- Berger grabbed deputy's taser during Oz Fitness altercation