UCLA 79, Arizona State 74 (OT): Jordan Adams scored six of his 22 points in overtime to lead the Bruins to the Pac-12 Conference victory at the Pauley Pavilion.Fellow freshmen Kyle Anderson and Shabazz Muhammad both scored 21 points for UCLA (21-7, 11-4 Pac-12) which climbed into a tie with Oregon for the conference lead. The Bruins also gained a split of the season series with the Sun Devils.Arizona State was led by Jahii Carson with 22 points. Carrick Felix scored 16 points and grabbed 18 rebounds for the Sun Devils (20-9, 9-7) who lost their second straight game.UCLA blew a five-point lead in the final two minutes of regulation as Carson scored his team's final seven points including a steal and layup which tied the game at 70 with 39 seconds to play. The Bruins had a chance to win the game at the end of regulation, but David Wear missed an 18-footer in the final seconds.Jonathan Gilling added 18 points for Arizona State, all coming on 3-pointers. The Sun Devils missed their final six shots of the game.GAME NOTEBOOK: Travis Wear missed the game with a foot injury for UCLA. ... The Bruins host Arizona on Saturday. ... The Sun Devils play their final two games of the regular season on the road.
Local News Headlines
- Missing 13-year-old found safe
- Suspect in ricin letters also accused of bomb threat at Fairchild
- Suspect makes first appearance in ricin letter case
- Free pizza offered to help find Pizza Rita robber
- Woman found dead in Spokane Valley hotel
- WA license plate fee added to pay for wolf kills
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified