Stars 5, Blue Jackets 4 (OT): Loui Eriksson dove to put a rebound around Sergei Bobrovsky 3:03 into overtime as visiting Dallas handed Columbus its sixth loss in seven games.Cody Eakin, captain Brenden Morrow, Derek Roy and Antoine Roussel scored in regulation for the Stars, who lost 5-4 in overtime at Nashville on Monday. Richard Bachman made 16 saves in his first start in four games.R.J. Umberger tied the game with 94 seconds remaining, while defenseman Nikita Nikitin, Derek Dorsett and Cam Atkinson also scored for the Blue Jackets, who returned from a 1-5-0 road trip but have only two wins in their last seven home games. Bobrovsky stopped 34 shots.With the score tied after two periods, Eakin's wrist shot with 6:24 remaining in regulation found a way past Bobrovsky to give Dallas a 4-3 lead. Nick Foligno intercepted a clearing attempt along the left side boards and fed the puck to Umberger in the slot, who sent the game to overtime with a wrist shot that beat Bachman.Despite playing on Monday, Dallas outshot Columbus 14-5 in the first period and 39-20 in the game to record its third win in seven contests. The Blue Jackets dropped to 1-3 in overtime or shootout games this season.GAME NOTEBOOK: Prior to the start of the game, Dallas traded RW Michael Ryder, who was tied for the team lead in points with 14, and a third-round pick to the Montreal Canadiens for RW Erik Cole. … The Stars have scored at least three goals in 11 straight games, the longest such streak in the NHL this season. … Columbus plays nine of its next 11 games at home.
Local News Headlines
- Suspect in ricin letters also accused of bomb threat at Fairchild
- Suspect makes first appearance in ricin letter case
- Free pizza offered to help find Pizza Rita robber
- Woman found dead in Spokane Valley hotel
- WA license plate fee added to pay for wolf kills
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation