Spurs 119, Cavaliers 113: Tim Duncan had 30 points, 12 rebounds and five blocked shots to lead host San Antonio to its seventh straight win over Cleveland.Kawhi Leonard scored 24 points and grabbed 13 boards for the Spurs, who shot 57.7 percent and had a 43-29 advantage on the boards but could not shake the Cavaliers until the final few minutes.Wayne Ellington returned from a one-game absence due to a sprained ankle to score 21 points off the bench to lead Cleveland. Fellow reserve Marreese Speights added 19 points, seven rebounds and four blocks in 23 minutes.The Cavaliers trailed by nine points in the first quarter and by the same margin midway through the third before rallying to tie it at 88 on an Alonzo Gee basket with 1:53 left in the quarter. There were several ties and lead changes in the fourth, the last coming when Leonard hit a 3-pointer to give the Spurs a 105-103 lead with 4:39 left.That shot ignited a 9-0 run that featured a dunk by Duncan dunk and then Leonard's layup with 2:47 to go for a 111-103 advantage. Cleveland got within four points entering the final minute but Duncan blocked Tristan Thompson's jumper and hit two free throws on the other end to help seal it.GAME NOTEBOOK: Cavaliers SG Dion Waiters had 13 of his 15 points in the first half. ... The Spurs shot 60.5 percent (26-for-43) in the first half as they took a 66-61 lead. ... San Antonio SF Stephen Jackson was whistled for a technical foul with 6:24 left and the game tied at 100.
Local News Headlines
- Suspect makes first appearance in ricin letter case
- Woman found dead in Spokane Valley hotel
- WA license plate fee added to pay for wolf kills
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation
- Driver extricated after Spokane County water truck rolls
- FBI: No arrests made in ricin letter investigation