South Florida 65, Connecticut 51: Martino Brock scored 18 points and Victor Rudd added 17 as the Bulls beat the short-handed Huskies in a Big East Conference game.Connecticut (19-10, 9-8 Big East) was led by DeAndre Daniels with a game-high 23 points and 10 rebounds but the Huskies were lifeless playing without leading scorer Shabazz Napier, who missed his second straight game with a foot injury. South Florida, won two straight for the first time since the beginning of the new year. The Bulls (12-17, 3-14) also climbed out of the cellar of the conference standings with the victory.South Florida led most of the way. Connecticut led 32-28 early in the second half but the Bulls went on an 11-2 run and never trailed again, breaking a three-game slide against the Huskies.Zach LeDay added 11 points for South Florida, which shot 45.8 percent from the field. Anthony Collins had 12 assists and Rudd grabbed 11 boards for the Bulls.GAME NOTEBOOK: The Huskies were also without top reserve Niels Giffey, who suffered a broken finger in his last outing and will miss the rest of the season. ... Senior R.J. Evans started for Napier and scored 10 points. ... Connecticut guard Omar Calhoun shot 1-for-14 from the field.
Local News Headlines
- Missing 13-year-old found safe
- Suspect in ricin letters also accused of bomb threat at Fairchild
- Suspect makes first appearance in ricin letter case
- Free pizza offered to help find Pizza Rita robber
- Woman found dead in Spokane Valley hotel
- WA license plate fee added to pay for wolf kills
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified