Red Wings 5, Canucks 2: Captain Henrik Zetterberg and Justin Abdelkader each scored twice and Jimmy Howard made 33 saves as visiting Detroit eased past Vancouver.Daniel Cleary added a goal and Pavel Datsyuk collected three assists for the Red Wings, who have won back-to-back games to finish off a three-game road trip.Alex Burrows scored twice to snap a 10-game goalless drought and Daniel Sedin ended a three-game stretch without a point by assisting on the first score for the Canucks. Roberto Luongo stopped 21 shots as Vancouver failed to earn a point for the second time in the last six games (2-2-2).Burrows scored six seconds after the opening faceoff, but it was all Detroit the rest of the way. Datsyuk sent a centering pass that glanced off Abdelkader's skate 6:02 later to tie it and found Zetterberg in the slot for a power-play goal with 6:03 left in the second to put the Red Wings on top.Zetterberg made it 3-1 just 80 seconds into the third and Cleary added his sixth goal at the 5:57 mark. Abdelkader made it 5-1 after streaking toward the net and catching Datsyuk's pass off his chest to glance the puck just under Luongo with 5:16 left.GAME NOTEBOOK: Detroit has beaten Vancouver twice this season by a combined 13-5 score. … Red Wings LW Johan Franzen collected two assists for his first multi-point effort since Feb. 1. … Burrows capped the scoring with 2:38 left in the game, snapping the puck into a vacant net for his seventh goal.
Local News Headlines
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation
- Driver extricated after Spokane County water truck rolls
- FBI: No arrests made in ricin letter investigation
- Police in Browne's Addition investigating Ricin letters
- Court documents detail deadly shootings
- Deputy, police officer under investigation for misconduct