Mississippi 87, Alabama 83: SEC leading scorer Marshall Henderson poured in 24 points to lead four Rebels in double figures as host Mississippi bounced back from an embarrassing loss at Mississippi State.Mississippi (22-8, 11-6 SEC) nailed 5-of-11 3-pointers in the first half and led 37-25 at the break. The lead grew as high as 19 before Alabama rallied to within three late. The Rebels shot 55.1 percent against one of the SEC's top defenses. Henderson, who was 10-for-38 in the previous two games, shot 6 of 13 from the field and 9 of 11 on free throws. Ladarius White added 17 points, and Jarvis Summers finished with 14.Alabama (19-11, 11-6) lost for the third time in four games, hurting its chance at an NCAA at-large bid. Trevor Lacey led the Crimson Tide with 19 points, while Nick Jacobs scored 18 and Trevor Releford had 16.Alabama came in giving up 58.4 points per game, second-fewest in the SEC.GAME NOTEBOOK: Ole Miss improved to 16-1 at Tad Smith Coliseum, including 8-1 in SEC play. ... Alabama gave up 60 points for only the third time in its last 15 games. … The Crimson Tide host Georgia on Saturday aiming for their third straight 20-win season under coach Anthony Grant. It's a feat the program hasn't accomplished since 1990-92 under Wimp Sanderson.
Local News Headlines
- Suspect in ricin letters also accused of bomb threat at Fairchild
- Suspect makes first appearance in ricin letter case
- Free pizza offered to help find Pizza Rita robber
- Woman found dead in Spokane Valley hotel
- WA license plate fee added to pay for wolf kills
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation