Georgia 62, South Carolina 54 (OT): Kentavious Caldwell-Pope scored four of his game-high 18 points in overtime and had eight rebounds to lead the host Bulldogs past the Gamecocks in the 100th meeting between the teams.Charles Mann scored 14 points off the bench to help Georgia (13-14, 7-7 SEC) snap a three-game losing streak and improve to 10-6 at home. Nemanja Djurisic came off the bench and scored 11 points, including a 3-pointer in overtime, and Brandon Morris grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds for Georgia, which beat South Carolina 67-56 in Columbia on Feb. 2.Bruce Ellington scored 11 points to lead South Carolina (13-14, 3-11), which lost for the 11th time in 14 games and fell to 1-7 on the road. Laimonas Chatkevicius grabbed 10 rebounds.South Carolina, which trailed 23-16 at halftime and by as many as 10 points in the second half, took its first lead at 39-38 on Brian Richardson's 3-pointer with 8:47 to play. Caldwell-Pope tied the game at 53 on a 3-pointer with 8.9 seconds left, forcing overtime.Georgia outrebounded South Carolina 45-34. The Bulldogs improved to 52-48 in the series, including 30-16 in Athens, and have won six of the last seven meetings.GAME NOTEBOOK: Caldwell-Pope came in among 11 players in NCAA Division I who had scored in double figures in every game this season and is the only SEC player to accomplish the feat. … The Bulldogs are 10-1 when allowing less than 59 points. … Georgia secured its sixth season sweep of South Carolina, which joined the SEC in 1991.
Local News Headlines
- Suspect makes first appearance in ricin letter case
- Woman found dead in Spokane Valley hotel
- WA license plate fee added to pay for wolf kills
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation
- Driver extricated after Spokane County water truck rolls
- FBI: No arrests made in ricin letter investigation