The Toronto Maple Leafs sent forward David Steckel to the Anaheim Ducks on Friday in a move that frees up a roster spot for the potential return of Joffrey Lupul on Saturday night. In exchange for Steckel, Toronto acquired winger Ryan Lasch and Anaheim's seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. Lasch won the Finnish Elite League scoring title last season with 24 goals and 62 points. Lasch, a 26-year-old native of Lake Forest, Calif., also suited up for the U.S. at the 2012 IIHF world championship and had two assists in seven games in the tournament.
Local News Headlines
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation
- Driver extricated after Spokane County water truck rolls
- FBI: No arrests made in ricin letter investigation
- Police in Browne's Addition investigating Ricin letters
- Court documents detail deadly shootings
- Deputy, police officer under investigation for misconduct
- Road closures for Armed Forces Torchlight Parade