Nazem Kadri is moving on up. The Toronto Maple Leafs centre, who is tied for the team scoring lead with 27 points, has been playing like a top-six forward all season. Now, it appears he has been given that distinction. Kadri, along with Joffrey Lupul and Matt Frattin, wore blue jerseys at practice on Monday, which usually signifies the team’s second forward line. At the same time, Mikhail Grabovski was in red along with Clarke MacArthur and Colton Orr, while Nikolai Kulemin was in fourth-line green with Jay McClement and Leo Komarov Frazer McLaren. It makes sense that Kadri would be rewarded with a more prominent role. While Grabovski (11 points in 29 games) and Kulemin (14 points in 29 games) have both struggled this season, Kadri has consistently been Toronto’s most productive forward.
Local News Headlines
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation
- Driver extricated after Spokane County water truck rolls
- FBI: No arrests made in ricin letter investigation
- Police in Browne's Addition investigating Ricin letters
- Court documents detail deadly shootings
- Deputy, police officer under investigation for misconduct
- Road closures for Armed Forces Torchlight Parade