The Jets quarterback competition might be missing the team’s star receiver until the regular season. Jets coach Rex Ryan said Tuesday that Holmes may not be ready to play until the season opener. “The main thing is, I just hope he’s ready for opening day,” Ryan said at the league meetings in Arizona. “That’s going to be the goal. We’ll lean on [trainer] John Mellody, and I have all the confidence in the world that he’ll get him right.” Holmes is returning from foot surgery in October. He had screws removed in another surgery last month. In December, Holmes said he did not expect to be able to run until April. It would make sense if Holmes sits out the spring program and then is limited in training camp. The Jets restricted LaRon Landry in training camp last year and it worked as he stayed healthy for the season. Ryan was asked if they could do something similar with Holmes. “That’s certainly a possibility,” he said.
Local News Headlines
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation
- Driver extricated after Spokane County water truck rolls
- FBI: No arrests made in ricin letter investigation
- Police in Browne's Addition investigating Ricin letters
- Court documents detail deadly shootings
- Deputy, police officer under investigation for misconduct
- Road closures for Armed Forces Torchlight Parade
- Two dead in overnight shootings