Columbus Blue Jackets center Artem Anisimov was taken off the ice on a stretcher early in the second period of their game against the Detroit Red wings. Anisimov was leveled by a hit from Detroit defenseman Kyle Quincey 3:48 into the second period. Anisimov hit his head on the ice and did not get up. He was strapped to a stretcher and his head and neck were immobilized before he was wheeled off. Anisimov was skating toward the back of the net alongside Detroit's Ian White when he lost his balance. Quincey landed a blow to Anisimov's head with his left fist or forearm that did not appear to be intentional.
Local News Headlines
- Missing 13-year-old found safe
- Suspect in ricin letters also accused of bomb threat at Fairchild
- Suspect makes first appearance in ricin letter case
- Free pizza offered to help find Pizza Rita robber
- Woman found dead in Spokane Valley hotel
- WA license plate fee added to pay for wolf kills
- High winds contribute to fatal boat accident on Sprague Lake
- One dead in Sprague Lake boating mishap
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified