Columbus Blue Jackets center Artem Anisimov was taken off the ice on a stretcher early in the second period of their game against the Detroit Red wings. Anisimov was leveled by a hit from Detroit defenseman Kyle Quincey 3:48 into the second period. Anisimov hit his head on the ice and did not get up. He was strapped to a stretcher and his head and neck were immobilized before he was wheeled off. Anisimov was skating toward the back of the net alongside Detroit's Ian White when he lost his balance. Quincey landed a blow to Anisimov's head with his left fist or forearm that did not appear to be intentional.
Local News Headlines
- Teen seeks to withdraw plea in Yakima shooting
- 1,700 pot business applications received in Wash.
- 3 new Pasco schools named for female scientists
- Police: SUV was hit by train at marked crossing
- Bagby Hot Springs attack possible hate crime
- Megaload movers decide to resume Ore. trip
- Thieves steal woman's home
- Observant neighbor helps cops bust copper wire thieves
- Police search for suspects in downtown shooting
- Owners of former WA state liquor stores struggling