Nnamdi Asomugha is coming back to the Bay Area. According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, the 49ers and Asomugha have agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $3 million. Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that his 2013 base salary will be $1.35 million, and that the 31-year-old did not want any guaranteed money. The cornerback had allegedly been deciding between signing with the 49ers or the Saints. Asomugha is coming off a disappointing stint in Philadelphia where he signed in 2011 as the top free agent in the market. Before that, he spent eight years in Oakland. In case you forgot how deep his Bay Area roots go, Asomugha also played his college ball at Cal.
Local News Headlines
- 1,700 pot business applications received in Wash.
- 3 new Pasco schools named for female scientists
- Police: SUV was hit by train at marked crossing
- Bagby Hot Springs attack possible hate crime
- Megaload movers decide to resume Ore. trip
- Thieves steal woman's home
- Observant neighbor helps cops bust copper wire thieves
- Police search for suspects in downtown shooting
- Owners of former WA state liquor stores struggling
- Experts: Cold snap threatens dormant cherry buds