SPOKANE - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office is waiting to enter a Deer Park home where a 43-year-old woman was found dead early Saturday morning.
The woman was found in her home in the 500 block of North Reiper. She was found during a welfare check around 8:30 a.m. by deputies. Someone called 911 to request the welfare check, citing mail and packages that hadn't been picked up.
A friend of the woman called KXLY to report the death and said she may be a victim of domestic violence.
Sheriff's investigators are investigating the death as a homicide due to 'suspicious circumstances' surrounding the death. Detectives would not elaborate on what those circumstances were.
The cause of death will be determined through autopsy, likely on Monday.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River