PINEHURST, Idaho - Two people have died in what authorities are investigating as a murder-suicide, possibly involving a father and son, early Sunday morning in Pinehurst, Idaho.
At 2:44 a.m. Sunday morning a 911 caller reported a potential shooting at a home located on 5th Street in Pinehurst.
When they got to the home police found the bodies of Steven Gravelle, 61, and 19-year-old Gabe Gravelle. Shoshone County Prosecutor Keisha Oxendine said she believes the Gravelles are father and son.
Authorities wouldn't confirm if the shooting happened inside the home nor would they confirm whether or not the home was owned by Steven Gravelle. There is a home on 5th Street with a sign outside with the word Gravelle's on it.
The Idaho State Police has taken over the shooting investigation and are investigating it as a possible murder-suicide.
Autopsies on the two men are scheduled for this week.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home