CHENEY, Wash - Two Eastern Washington University football players were arrested Saturday night, accused of trying to interfere with someone else's arrest.
Cheney Police say starting quarterback Gage Gubrud and starting linebacker Kurt Calhoun were trying to stop police from arresting a friend on a malicious mischief charge. Police said that man was seen kicking over a railing at the Mason Jar.
Police say Gubrud and Calhoun were trying to stop police from arresting their friend. Officers say they were told several times to leave the area and not interfere, but they refused.
Calhoun and Gubrud were arrested on a misdemeanor charge of obstructing a public servant. They were cited and released, not transported to jail.
EWU's football team issued a statement Sunday that Gubrud and Calhoun were suspended for violating team rules. They will not make the trip to play North Dakota on Saturday.
- Employee shot during armed robbery at north Spokane pot shop
- Missing Hayden man found dead off Highway 3
- Four arrested on drug charges in Orofino
- Ridpath Hotel offers affordable downtown housing
- SRHD and Spokane County Jail look to expand methadone treatment to more inmates
- Kootenai County first responders train for railroad emergency