MATTAWA, WA. - Two people have been arrested for the drive-by shooting death of 17-year-old Carlos Leyva near Mattawa earlier this month.
Luis Mejia, 20, of Mattawa and a 15-year-old male juvenile also from Mattawa were arrested on charges of 1st Degree Murder, 2nd Degree Murder and Attempted Murder. The two were arrested during a traffic stop Wednesday by the Mattawa Police Department.
Their arrests came as a result of an investigation into the drive-by shooting death of 17-year-old Carlos Leyva, who was shot and killed while walking along the road near Beverly on March 7th. A car pulled up next to Leyva and two other people and someone inside opened fire, hitting and killing Leyva and one of the other teens with him. The third escaped injury.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home