HAYDEN, Idaho - A fatal car crash occurred early Saturday morning in the northbound lanes of U.S. Route 95 at milepost 443 north of Hayden, Idaho.
At approximately 3:06 a.m, a car driven by 31-year-old Samantha Wolf of Sandpoint, Idaho, was traveling southbound in the northbound lanes of Route 95. Her vehicle collided with a semi-truck headed northbound driven by 23-year-old Samarpal Khaira of Alberta, Canada and his passenger 31-year-old Purewal Sukhpreet, who was in the sleeper cab.
Wolf was pronounced dead on scene and Khaira and Sukhpreet were transported to Kootenai Health.
Both drivers were wearing seatbelts.
The investigation into the fatal collision is still underway.
- Controversial sexual predator evicted from downtown apartments
- City crews rappel steep hillside to remove homeless camp
- Transgender veterans react to President Trump's military announcement
- Distracted driving law provides relief for heartbroken grandmother
- Firefighters work to protect homes after 3 fires burn near Highway 2
- Spokane deputies arrest man after erratic high-speed chase