SPOKANE, Wash. -
UPDATE: The Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the victim as 42-year-old Melissa L. Tolliver.
Spokane police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run that killed a pedestrian Saturday night.
Police say Sunday night, an officer saw a vehicle that matched the description of the truck they were looking for in the crash. Police had been told the driver was in a larger green truck with damage to the front fender.
Saturday night, witnesses told police the woman had been crossing the street, when the truck hit her and fled the scene. The woman died on scene.
Sunday night the officer pulled the driver over and an investigator who responded determined the truck was missing parts consistent with the fatality collision.
Police arrested the driver, 36-year-old Bobby Bowerman. He is charged with felony hit and run-attended.
- Refugees celebrate new life in Spokane
- Spokane organization celebrates refugee resettlement efforts
- Extreme Team "Making Spirits Bright" project decorates nearby park
- Mix up leaves family with dozens of baby guinea pigs
- Artist aims to paint one picture of Spokane each week for a year
- Woman shoots boyfriend in domestic violence incident