COLFAX, Wash. - One person suffered life-threatening injuries in a two-car crash involving a Whitman County Sheriff patrol car Monday afternoon.
The crash happened at the intersection of Endicott Road and Fairgrounds Road just off Highway 26 near Colfax.
The initial word from the scene is that the driver of the car was on Endicott Road and failed to yield at the intersection and hit the Whitman County patrol car.
A passenger in the car suffered life threatening injuries. The deputy, identified as a female sergeant in the sheriff's office, and the driver of the car suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The road where the crash happened has been shut down for the crash investigation.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance