COLFAX, Wash. - One person suffered life-threatening injuries in a two-car crash involving a Whitman County Sheriff patrol car Monday afternoon.
The crash happened at the intersection of Endicott Road and Fairgrounds Road just off Highway 26 near Colfax.
The initial word from the scene is that the driver of the car was on Endicott Road and failed to yield at the intersection and hit the Whitman County patrol car.
A passenger in the car suffered life threatening injuries. The deputy, identified as a female sergeant in the sheriff's office, and the driver of the car suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The road where the crash happened has been shut down for the crash investigation.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives