SAN ANTONIO, Texas - A Texas man has been charged with capital murder in the death by asphyxiation of a 15-year-old girl and three women in separate attacks from December 2014 to April 2015.
Bexar County prosecutors say they're seeking the death penalty for 29-year-old Johnny Joe Avalos of San Antonio. Investigators say the victims were killed during attempted sexual assaults.
Avalos was arrested last year on municipal court warrants. He faces two counts of capital murder of multiple persons in indictments announced Tuesday.
The body of 15-year-old Natalie Chavez was discovered in December 2014 under a San Antonio bridge. Rosemary Perez was slain in January 2015.
The body of Celia Ann Lopez was discovered in April 2015. Prosecutors say Genevieve Ramirez survived an April 2015 attack but died two months later.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time