SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Valley property crime detectives with help of the SWAT team recovered several stolen guns, including an assault rifle, from a South Hill home Wednesday night.
Just after 8:30 Wednesday night, the Spokane SWAT team executed a search warrant at a home on the 3300 block of E. 35th Avenue.
Detectives immediately arrested 42 year old Donald J. Patterson.
Sgt. John Nowels with the Spokane Valley Property Crimes Unit said the weapons were stolen from a series of home burglaries in the Spokane Valley last week.
Sgt. Nowels believes Patterson and four other suspects are also connected to several car prowlings and credit card theft.
Sgt. Nowels said Wednesday night's search warrant was significant because recovering stolen guns so quickly after they're stolen is rare.
"It's apparent in at least this instance that the firearms were sold or traded to drug debts things like that. So the last people we want to have firearms are drug dealers," Sgt. John Nowels said.
Patterson and four other suspects,including 42 year old Kevin J. Boler and 31 year old Jermaine J. Hockaday now faces several charges including felon in possession of a firearm.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday