SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police gave a 63-year-old woman a junior police badge for holding an intruder at gunpoint after he smashed his way into her home.
Friends told The Spokesman-Review that Sandra Mize is soft spoken with a friendly laugh, but they wouldn't cross the grandmother of 10.
Mize keeps a gun by her bed and hadn't fired it in 30 years until early Wednesday when she found Sean Denny in her home. She fired one shot that missed.
Denny sat down and waited while Mize called police, although he fought with officers who arrived and arrested him.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity