4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons honey
4 teaspoons chili powder
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 Cornish hens, halved
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter and stir in honey and chili powder; mixing well.
3. Stir in orange juice, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
4. Cut each hen into two halves.
5. Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
6. Place hens in baking dish, skin side down, and place in oven for 6-8 minutes.
7. Turn hens over and baste generously with all of the mixture.
8. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until well browned and internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Note: What makes these hens so tasty is the basting. This enhances the skin color, as well.