Road closures for Armed Forces Torchlight Parade
The 75th annual Armed Forces Torchlight Parade is Saturday, meaning many streets in Downtown Spokane will be closed.
As a heads up, any parking meters with a red bag is a no-parking zone. Vehicles that are parked at meters with red bags on them at the Davenport Hotel, are subjected to being towed as of Thursday at 8 p.m. Cars that are parked at meters with red bags on them in the rest of downtown are subject to being towed at 6 a.m. on Saturday.
Starting at 4 p.m. Saturday, vehicles will be towed if they are parked in front of a meter with a yellow bag on it.
Roads from Second Avenue to Boone Avenue, and from Browne Street to Lincoln Street will be open all day on Saturday.
Here is a list of road closures (map to right) and when they will take effect on Saturday:
- Spokane Falls Boulevard from Stevens Street to Post Street
- Howard Street from Main Avenue to Spokane Falls Boulevard
- Wall Street from Main Avenue to Spokane Falls Boulevard
- Spokane Falls Boulevard from Browne Street to Post Street (to access the Convention Center or Double Tree, come in by driving north on Division Street)
- Bernard Street from Main Avenue to Spokane Falls Boulevard
- Washington Street from Riverside Avenue to Spokane Falls Boulevard
- Main Street from Stevens Avenue to Bernard Avenue
- Washington Street from Riverside Avenue to Boone Avenue
- Howard Street from Mallon Avenue to Boone Avenue
- Mallon Avenue from Post Street to Howard Street
- Cataldo Avenue and Dean Avenue from Howard Street to Washington Street
- Downtown will shut down for the Parade
Spokane police suggest if you are not going to the parade, but are driving downtown between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Saturday, use Maple Street or Hamilton Street to avoid congestion.
© 2013 KXLY.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior permission.