SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. -

The Spokane Valley Fire Department was able to quickly put out a house fire Thursday morning on the 14000 block of E. Valleyway in Spokane Valley. 

Sheriff's deputies arrived at the home to find four people inside. All of them made it out safely. 

Firefighters put out the fire within 20 minutes. 

The fire started while the occupants were asleep. Neighbors rang the doorbell to wake them up. Fire alarms did not go off because the fire was located in the wall. 

Firefighters are investigating. Currently, they believe the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical cord plugged into an outside outlet. SPOKANE