SPOKANE, Wash. -

Fire crews worked quickly to clean up a large leak of anhydrous ammonia Tuesday morning in downtown Spokane. 

Owners of Empire Cold Storage called firefighters to inform them that there was a 100 pound leak of ammonia at their building on Oak and Sharp. 

Firefighters arrived at the building and shut down the system. 

They then used water to dissipate the ammonia. 

Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer says that the type of ammonia that leaked can be dangerous, but in this case was not. He says it is largely used in agriculture.