Firefighters are calling the fire that hit Geno's Restaurant and the Sinto Apartments near the Gonzaga University campus over the weekend suspicious.
Firefighters have visited the scene a number of times since the fire was extinguished Saturday and investigators are still trying to determine where and how this fire started.
51 firefighters were called to put out the fire which damaged both Geno's and the Sinto Apartments next door. All 16 apartment residents escaped without injuries but many of their personal possessions were destroyed in the fire.
One resident, Tim Anderson, lost everything he owned in the fire.
"Mine was, they said, the worst and the apartment below mine because the natural gas lines were there," Anderson said.
SNAP runs the Sinto Apartments and is working to move the residents to other properties. One family has already moved and the Spokane Community Warehouse is providing some household items for residents displaced by the fire.
Damages are estimated at more than $100,000.
There's no word yet on when Geno's Restaurant might reopen.
The Spokane Fire Department is asking the public to call 344-3473 if you saw anything suspicious before this fire started.