East Valley High School has been closed for the day after a student brought a vial of mercury to school Friday morning and a small amount of it was spilled.
School officials report that several students handled the vial of mercury. Ten students and four adults who came into contact with the mercury were taken to the hospital for blood testing.
The school was evacuated after the mercury spill and students are being sent home for the day.
The Spokane Valley Fire Department is taking over the investigation.