CHATTAROY, Wash. -

A Chattaroy man is dead after a fire at his manufactured home Wednesday night. 

Police say it appears the man deliberately set the fire himself using fireworks. 

Sheriff's deputies spotted smoke coming out of a home on the 4900 block of E. Chattaroy Road and called the Spokane County Fire Department for assistance. 

Fire crews found a man dead in the back of the house. He is known to KXLY only as "Brian."

Investigators say it appears a wall fell on top of the man, making it difficult for crews to locate him. 

Brian's parents made it out of the home safely. Brain's father says his son had a history of mental illness and had only been in the home a few days. 

His father says Brian argued with his parents, then locked himself in the back bedroom and lit off firecrackers. 

The investigation is ongoing.