GREENACRES, Wash. -

Firefighters quickly extinguished a garage fire in Greenacres and prevented it from spreading to an attached house.

The fire started around 4:30 a.m. Thursday at the 21000 block of East Saltese Lake Road.

Firefighters could see flames when they first arrived at the scene.

They were able to quickly extinguish the flames, and keep the fire from spreading to the house.

The homeowners told firefighters they were painting a cabinet and left a fan on a workbench in the garage. Firefighters said the fan overheated and started the fire.