Spokane firefighters said a duplex fire on Mission Avenue and Walnut Street seriously damaged a home and displaced some of its tenants Monday night.
Crews said the fire started around 6:30 p.m. in the kitchen of the second floor of the duplex.
Firefighters said when they arrived they saw smoke pouring out of the second story and all tenants were out of the building. Crews said the were able to put out the fire quickly, however there was heavy smoke and fire damage to the second story as well as the attic.
Investigators said tenants will have to wait to go back into their apartments until gas and electric crews can turn the power and gas back on. The Red Cross is offering assistance to those displaced until they can enter their homes again.