Grant County officials say two people were seriously hurt when their camping trailer exploded at a recreational vehicle park near Ephrata, Wash.
County Fire District 13 Chief Shane Heston said the man and woman reportedly were using the trailer as a permanent residence. Both were inside when it exploded early Tuesday but were able to escape. Heston called their injuries severe but not life-threatening.
Sheriff's Chief Deputy Ryan Rectenwald said they were treated by medics and later drove themselves to a hospital.
The trailer was destroyed.
Rectenwald said the explosion was likely caused by a propane tank used for heating.