Gonzaga University has placed two students on probation for the remainder of their time at the school, after the students were found to be in violation of the campus weapons policy. The students fought off a would-be burglar by showing a weapon last week, but because their apartment is campus-owned, they weren't allowed to have the firearm. Gonzaga also says it will re-examine its weapons policy in light of the incident. What do you think: did Gonzaga make the right decision to place the students on probation, rather than expelling or suspending them? Do you think GU should reevaluate its weapons policy? Leave your comments below.
Published On: Nov 11 2013 01:43:12 PM PST
Local News Headlines
- God's Closet in need of new home, donations
- Teen carrying BB gun causes 2 schools to lockdown
- Update: Missing woman, children found
- Two Spokane schools locked down
- State senators aim to curb property crime
- Theft Suspect: I steal to support myself, girlfriend
- Protect yourself against "porch pirates"
- 3 more Hanford workers get checked after smelling vapors
- 4 Things To Know For Dec 2
- Police academy trains for domestic violence calls