As our kids get ready to head back to school, security is on a lot of parents' minds. One school in Arkansas is trying to make its schools safer by arming district employees. The district is training employees who will carry concealed weapons and serve as guards. It's legal, but the state's education commissioner says he would prefer the We want to know what you think: Should school employees be allowed to carry guns on campus? Is that better left to law enforcement? Or should guns be banned from campus altogether? Leave your comments below.
Published On: Jul 30 2013 01:13:02 PM PDT Updated On: Jul 30 2013 01:14:45 PM PDT
Local News Headlines
- More than 70 cats rescued from Grant County, Wash., home
- FAA: Report of laser pointed at Ore. airplane; no one hurt
- Widow blames faulty defibrillator for husband's death
- Coos County deputy on forest patrol dies in ATV accident
- Witness: Defendant signed birthday card 'sweetest murderer'
- Police help man suffering from excited delirium
- Victim refusing to cooperate in Hell's Angels shooting investigation
- Patient abused by anesthesiologist wins $950,000 in damages
- Utah man dead, another injured in Oregon shooting
- Fallen hiker discharged from Oregon hospital