A measure in the Washington legislature would make it a traffic infraction to smoke while driving in a car with minors. Under House Bill 2086, smokers who light up a cigarette, a pipe or a cigar in a moving or parked car with a minor inside would face a fine. The fines start at $125 for the first infraction, violations after would be $250. What do you think: do you think adults should be fined for smoking in the car with kids? Or is it their business what they do in a private vehicle? Leave your comments below.
Local News Headlines
- Strong winds down trees and powerlines
- Strong winds create dangerous driving conditions
- Memorial service for 3 firefighters Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Okanogan PUD may need several weeks to restore power
- Tunk Valley neighbors looking after each other
- Record amount of retardant dropped on regional wildfires
- Carpenter Road neighbors take fire fight into their own hands
- Memorial near Twisp honors fallen firefighters
- Crews knock down fast moving brush fire off I-90
- Crew of military veterans battle Carpenter Road Fire