A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon in Spokane about the impact of coal-carrying trains coming through the Inland Northwest. Dozens of people lined up hours early Tuesday, hoping to share their opinion at the meeting. Opponents say it would harm the environment; proponents say it will bring jobs to the area. What do you think: are you worried about more coal-carrying trains coming through the area? Are opponents over-reacting to the possible environmental threat? Click here to leave your comments inside.
Local News Headlines
- State Supreme Court to hear case involving farmworkers
- Major Crimes detectives investigating homicide on lower South Hill
- Naked violinist sues over arrest in Portland last year
- Portland police investigate shooting at mall, no injuries
- Man in critical condition after brutal attack at motel
- Thirst for craft beer fuels large crop of hops
- Arrest in Salem, Ore., cat poisoning cases
- Spokane Police lets kids be cops for a day
- Should Washington mail-in ballots have prepaid postage?
- 2 Pasco, Wash., workers rescue man from burning house