A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon in Spokane about the impact of coal-carrying trains coming through the Inland Northwest. Dozens of people lined up hours early Tuesday, hoping to share their opinion at the meeting. Opponents say it would harm the environment; proponents say it will bring jobs to the area. What do you think: are you worried about more coal-carrying trains coming through the area? Are opponents over-reacting to the possible environmental threat? Click here to leave your comments inside.
Published On: Dec 04 2012 01:13:44 PM PST
Local News Headlines
- More than 70 cats rescued from Grant County, Wash., home
- FAA: Report of laser pointed at Ore. airplane; no one hurt
- Widow blames faulty defibrillator for husband's death
- Coos County deputy on forest patrol dies in ATV accident
- Witness: Defendant signed birthday card 'sweetest murderer'
- Police help man suffering from excited delirium
- Victim refusing to cooperate in Hell's Angels shooting investigation
- Patient abused by anesthesiologist wins $950,000 in damages
- Utah man dead, another injured in Oregon shooting
- Fallen hiker discharged from Oregon hospital