The clock is ticking and it's almost midnight - almost the deadline to avoid the looming fiscal cliff. If lawmakers don't compromise and make a deal by New Year's Day, tax increases and spending cuts go into effect and millions of people will lose their unemployment benefits. U.S. Representatives head back to Washington, DC Sunday night, but many leading lawmakers say it's already too late. Are you worried about the effects on your finances if the fiscal cliff is not avoided? Do you think it will be? What compromises should be made? Leave your comments below.
Local News Headlines
- Chase suspect arrested in Spokane
- Yakima considers establishing homeless encampment
- Trial date pushed back for Hanford chemical vapors case
- God's Closet in need of new home, donations
- Teen carrying BB gun causes 2 schools to lockdown
- Update: Missing woman, children found
- Two Spokane schools locked down
- State senators aim to curb property crime
- Theft Suspect: I steal to support myself, girlfriend
- Protect yourself against "porch pirates"