When students in Philadelphia head back to school after Christmas break, there will be a new feature: condom dispensers. The city is installing them in select schools because of a rising rate of STD's. In fact, of new HIV cases in Philadelphia, a quarter of those diagnosed are teenagers. The city says it's serving as a partner with parents in promoting safe sex; critics, though,say this crosses the line and should be the parents' responsibility. What do you think? Leave your comments below.
Local News Headlines
- Security concern causes flight to divert to Portland
- Spokane police investigate South Hill shooting
- Fed up tenants buy mobile home park
- Suspect arrested for threatening girlfriend with shotgun, butane torch
- Airline abuse suspect was returning from alcohol treatment
- Ex-police chief awarded $4.1 million in retaliation case
- Wildfire sweeps through Gilliam County farmland
- Ore. man charged with murder tells court he 'killed a woman'
- Divers find missing plane near Brookings; body recovered
- Oregon motorcycle fatalities on pace with deadly 2015