When students in Philadelphia head back to school after Christmas break, there will be a new feature: condom dispensers. The city is installing them in select schools because of a rising rate of STD's. In fact, of new HIV cases in Philadelphia, a quarter of those diagnosed are teenagers. The city says it's serving as a partner with parents in promoting safe sex; critics, though,say this crosses the line and should be the parents' responsibility. What do you think? Leave your comments below.
Local News Headlines
- Major Crimes detectives investigating homicide on lower South Hill
- Naked violinist sues over arrest in Portland last year
- Portland police investigate shooting at mall, no injuries
- Man in critical condition after brutal attack at motel
- Thirst for craft beer fuels large crop of hops
- Arrest in Salem, Ore., cat poisoning cases
- Spokane Police lets kids be cops for a day
- Should Washington mail-in ballots have prepaid postage?
- 2 Pasco, Wash., workers rescue man from burning house
- Washington inmate sentenced in Portland for tax fraud